FOUNDATION for SIF Interoperability Test Kit
The FOUNDATION™ for SIF Interoperability Test Kit (SIF ITK) is the interoperability test kit for FOUNDATION for Safety Instrumented Functions devices. The SIF ITK is a means to ensure interoperability between Fieldbus equipment in modern safety systems. The SIF ITK is for internal testing only, so manufacturers should contact a certification agency for information regarding safety certifications.
- Assists in Device Development (test during development)
- Pre-testing a device to minimize testing costs
- Runs all or a portion of the test cases
- Enables developers to implement safety function capabilities
- Helps developers troubleshoot SIF devices during development
- Demonstrates interoperability of devices that are manufactured according to FOUNDATION specifications
- FOUNDATION for SIF Interoperability Test System Software
- Test Function Block (Black Box)
- Fieldbus Diagnostics and Communications Interface with SIF Known Good Device (KGD) Firmware Module
- National Instruments PCI-FBUS/2 board
- Cat5 Network Cable (crossover)
- 24v (750mA) power supply (Multi-plug)
- Product license agreement
- Software maintenance agreement
- Microsoft Windows® XP, Vista, 7 (32-bit) Platform
- 200MB+ hard disk space
The following items will be needed:
- 2 Fieldbus terminators
- 1 Fieldbus power supply/conditioner
- 2 Fieldbus 9-pin cables (pin 7 positive, pin 6 negative) FOUNDATION H1 cable
Those downloading this product may also consider the following related products offered by FieldComm Group
- ITK Automation Tool Kit – designed to eliminate several manual intervention steps required when performing pre-registration testing of fieldbus devices. The tool improves ITK schedule efficiency and provides a direct reduction in the person-hours needed to complete the testing phase.
Product Updates & Support
To obtain updates and continued support for this product, please visit our support portal for information on our Product Service Program.
For additional details and support information on this product, please visit https://support.fieldcommgroup.org/solution/folders/8000080756.